03 Dec Tips on How to Wake Up Happy, Energized, and Refreshed:
Posted at 13:26h in Nutritionist 0 Comments
Tips to Wake up Happy, Refreshed, and Energized:
- 1. First things first: Get enough sleep! Between 6-8 hours is efficient amount to get each night in order to feel alert in the morning.
- 2. Sip some chamomile tea before bed, which has a soothing effect. The aroma and herb will get you in the mood to hit the hay and relax.
- 3. Speaking of aroma, add lavender oil to your bed sheets or under your feet to help you get to sleep faster. Other soothing smells, such as sandalwood candles can help you feel calm. In the morning, put some citrus oil in your cleanser to wake you, or sniff the flowers sitting on your desk.
- 4. Just as important smell is for our senses, sunshine and light helps boost your mood. Studies show that opening the blinds and eating breakfast near a window where sunlight is shining in will help to boost brain activity and energy levels.
- 5. Turn off your digital tech at least 1 hour before going to bed. The light can dilate the pupils and disrupt circadian levels. Besides that, checking emails and social media can cause you to become tense and stressed…making sleep much more difficult to achieve.
- 6. Read a good book before bed (and not from Kindle or Nook!) This will help put you to sleep faster.
- 7. Do not eat at least 2 hours before laying down. Eating too close to bed and disrupt your digestive tract and cause you to toss and turn over night.
- 8. Drink 8 oz. of warm lemon water as soon as you wake up! It helps get your digestive tract moving to flush toxins and prepare your stomach for your breakfast, while helping to balance your pH. Just make sure to use real fresh lemons!
- 9. Stop hitting snooze! It will only put you back into a light doze, which will make you feel even groggier.
- 10. Take a cold shower when you wake up, while blasting some uplifting jams. Music with fast beats help to stimulate brain function by releasing dopamine—which improves your mood.
- 11. Make a gratitude journal and write down at least 5 things you are grateful for either in the morning or right before bed!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.