08 Aug Tomato Basil Marinara
Posted at 15:33h in Dressings/Sauces/Dips, Sauces/Dressings 0 Comments
Makes about 8 servings
- 1 can 28 oz. crushed tomatoes (no added sugar, salt or oil)
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. basil, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 white onion, diced finely
- Olive oil spray
- In a 2 qt. saucepan, add tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper and cayenne.
- Begin heating on medium heat.
- Heat fry pan on medium. Add 1 tbsp. water or use olive oil spray lightly.
- Add chopped onions, and cook until lightly brown. Add to tomato mixture.
- Add garlic to pan and lightly brown.
- Add to tomato mixture and stir well.
- Bring tomato sauce to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Store in a mason jar for a week.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.