14 Aug Tomato Basil Spaghetti Squash Bake
1 cup = 1 serving | 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1 starchy vegetable
- 1 whole spaghetti squash, roasted, seeds removed, and scooped out with fork
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-2 whole ripe heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease an oblong shallow casserole dish (or similar).
- To a mixing bowl, add the cooked squash “noodles,” olive oil, garlic, basil, a generous amount of salt and pepper, and the Parmesan cheese.
- Toss to coat (more olive oil can be added if needed – you want it moist, but not dripping).
- Spread mixture into the casserole dish. Lay tomato slices on top and season them lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with a little bit more freshly grated parmesan if desired.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Serve promptly!