11 Jul Tomato Basil Spaghetti Squash Bake
Tomato Basil Spaghetti Squash Bake:
- 1 whole spaghetti squash, roasted, seeds removed, and scooped out with fork
- 2T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4c fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4c parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-2 whole ripe Heirloom tomato, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease an oblong shallow casserole dish (or similar).
- To a mixing bowl, add the cooked squash “noodles,” olive oil, garlic, basil, a generous amount of salt and pepper, and the parmesan cheese.
- Toss to coat (more olive oil can be added if needed – you want it moist, but not dripping).
- Spread mixture into the casserole dish. Lay tomato slices on top and season them lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with a little bit more freshly grated parmesan if desired.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Serve promptly!
1 cup= 1 serving; 1 vegetable; 1 fat; 1 starchy veggie