07 Aug Tuna Cucumber Boats
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 cans of white tuna packed in water (or Costco canned chicken)
- 2 stalks of celery, diced fine
- ¼ cup onion, diced fine
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- PHASE 2: 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (non-fat)
- Fresh garden herbs: basil, parsley, and dill
- Tomatoes for garnish
- Wash and dry the cucumbers.
- Slice them down the middle length wise.
- Using a spoon, gently scrape out the insides.
- Set aside.
- Drain the water from the tuna cans and scoop into a large bowl.
- Using a fork, gently mash the tuna until it is flaked.
- Add the celery, onion, Greek yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the fresh herbs if you plan to use any.
- Mash all of the ingredients together with a fork until everything is mixed together well.
- Place your fresh tuna salad mixture in each cucumber half.
- Top with sliced, homegrown tomatoes and additional salt and pepper to taste.