05 Apr Turkey Burger
Posted at 12:13h in Phase One Recipes 0 Comments
- 1 pound ground turkey, 99% lean white turkey breast
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed, ground (PHASE 2)
- 2 tbsp finely diced onion
- 1 egg, large
- 2 portobello mushroom caps, large
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tsp Seasoning Salt of choice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp. thyme
- 1-2 tsp. rosemary
- English Toffee Stevia Dropper
- (optional: mix in 1 green pepper minced very finely, or 1 oz. mozzarella for PHASE 2)
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; form into 4 patties. Omit cheese and flax if you are in phase 1.
You may dust extra flax ground to the patty if you want to make the burger crust and it won’t fall apart as easily.
Cook on a skillet or a BBQ stone, turning once, until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees F. Note: Using a grill can make it fall apart.
Let rest briefly, then serve on a portabella mushroom. You may top with tomato and mustard and lettuce.
- It is helpful to spray the portobello mushroom caps with olive oil and heat up on a skillet for about 2 minutes so they are not so firm.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.