06 Aug Turkey Meatballs
Makes about 24 meatballs.
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 small green or yellow bell pepper, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound ground turkey (99% lean ground; white meat only)
- Olive oil spray
- PHASE 2: 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the onion, bell pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Add the turkey and stir again until all the ingredients are well incorporated, being careful not to over mix.
- PHASE 2: Add 2 tbsp. of flaxseed ground to the mixture.
- Spray olive oil nonstick cooking spray onto a sheet pan or large baking dish. Make sure the pan is well coated.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of turkey mixture into your hands, rolling the mixture gently into a ball. Place the meatball onto the oiled sheet pan, then continue the process with the remaining mixture.
- PHASE 2: Add 1 tsp. olive oil and rub into the turkey to help it coat the mixture better.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through, flipping once halfway through.