14 Aug Turkey Stuffed Bell Pepper
Makes multiple servings
- 1 lb 96% lean ground turkey
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 large green bell peppers, washed
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce or paste, no sugar added
- 1 1/2 cups cooked cauliflower rice (Trader Joe’s)
- Olive oil spray
- Steam cauliflower and add them to a food processor until a rice-like texture.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Spray a little olive oil spray in a medium size saute pan and heat on a medium flame.
- Add onion, garlic and cilantro to the pan. Saute about 2 minutes and add ground turkey.
- Season with salt and garlic powder, and cumin and brown meat for several minutes until meat is completely cooked through.
- Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Combine cooked cauliflower rice and meat together.
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Place in a baking dish.
- Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper half and fill it with as much as you can.
- Place all stuffed pepper halves on the baking dish and pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover tight with aluminum foil and bake for about 35 minutes.