01 Aug Vegan Almond Ricotta
Posted at 15:54h in Phase Two Recipes, Vegan 0 Comments
- 2 cups (216 g) slivered blanched almonds
- 2-3 tsp nutritional yeast, plus more to taste
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Dash garlic powder
- 3/4 – 1 cup (180- 240 ml) water
- optional: 2-3 Tbsp (6 g) fresh basil, oregano, or parsley
- Add all ricotta ingredients (starting with 3/4 cup water) to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed (~2 minutes). You are looking for a well-puréed mixture with only very small bits of almonds intact. Add a bit more water a little at a time if the mixture is having a hard time blending until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt for overall flavor, nutritional yeast for cheesiness, and lemon juice for acidity. For even more flavor, you can add in some fresh basil, oregano, or parsley (optional).
- The cheese can be wrapped in cheesecloth, formed into a ball, and placed into a fine mesh strainer set over a mixing bowl up to 3 days. This will allow the “cheese” to firm up a bit. However, this is optional. You can also transfer straight from blender to a storage container and refrigerate.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.