01 Aug Walnut Vegan Cheese
Posted at 15:44h in Phase Two Recipes, Sides, Vegan 0 Comments
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 Tbsp no salt/no sugar added tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp miso paste, tahini, or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup of water
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and pulse several times to chop them, then process until they are finely ground.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the water and salt and pulse several times to combine. Stop as needed to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- Add the water two tablespoons at a time until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to allow it to thicken.
If you prefer a saucier texture, add more water; if you want the texture of a traditional cheeseball, use less water. Thinned-out, this sauce is excellent on top of tacos, burritos, and nachos. For a party: Form the cheese into a ball and roll in crushed walnuts.
For smoked Cheddar, use smoked paprika; feel free to add some chili powder to spice it up, too!
Makes 10 servings; 1 serving= 2 Tbsp (1 fat)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.