31 Jul White Chicken Chili
Posted at 20:41h in Phase One Recipes, Phase Two Recipes, Soups 0 Comments
- 1 lb chicken
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 4.5oz can chopped green chiles
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nonstick oil spray
- In large pot, season chicken with cumin, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper. Sear both sides over medium heat until golden.
- Add broth to pot, cover and cook chicken for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked
While chicken is cooking, spray oil in medium skillet.
- Add chiles, diced jalapeno, green pepper and onion to skillet and saute until veggies soften.
- Add minced garlic and saute additional 30 seconds and turn off heat, set aside.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, shred with fork and add back into broth.
- Add sauteed veggies to pot with chicken and broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- PHASE 2: May add coconut milk for added thickness if desired. (Stirring quickly, add milk into pot with chicken and veggies)
- Simmer additional 15 minutes.
Serve with favorite toppings such as: Avocado slices (PHASE 2), cilantro, plain Greek yogurt dollop (PHASE 2)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.