09 Aug Zoodle Frittata
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized (about 3 1/2 to 4 cups – I used the shredding blade for medium sized noodles)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond/cashew milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- Ripe Roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Basil leaves, torn
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional to add on in Phase 2 if dairy tolerant)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil or nonstick spray in an oven-proof skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and red pepper flakes and sauté until the onions are translucent. Add zucchini noodles and sauté for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, and pinch of salt. Pour into skillet over zucchini noodles.
- Flatten any stray zoodles down with a spatula or spoon and transfer the skillet to the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. If you want a little extra color on top at the end, you can broil it for 2 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting.
- To serve, cut frittata into wedges and serve with tomato wedges alongside. Sprinkle torn basil leaves on top of frittata, and an extra sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top if you wish (Phase 2+). Enjoy!