13 Aug Zucchini Bagels
2 small bagels = 1 serving | 1 veggie, 1 dairy, 1 fat
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded, low-fat)
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1/3 cup flaxseed , ground or coconut flour (PHASE 3)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shred the zucchini using a food processor or grater. Place in a collander over the sink and sprinkle with a little sea salt (not the part in the recipe ingredients above, just a sprinkle lightly – the exact amount isn’t important). Let sit for at least 20 minutes (up to an hour) to drain.
- Place the shredded zucchini into a cheese cloth. Squeeze to drain additional moisture. (Keep squeezing – you should have about one cup of moisture released.)
- In a small bowl, melt the mozzarella in the microwave for about 90 seconds, until you can stir it. (You can do this on the stove if you prefer – watch it until it’s melted enough to stir.)
- Meanwhile mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Working quickly before the mozzarella has the chance to cool, add the mozzarella to the rest of the mixture. Knead with your hands until a smooth dough forms.
- Spray a silicone bagel mold with oil of choice. Press the dough into the cavities.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden.