13 Aug Zucchini Taco Shells
Makes about 6 tortillas (10 cm in diameter)
- 1 cup grated zucchini, packed, dried – about 4 medium size zucchini
- 1 egg, whole
- 6 tbsp arrowroot flour, packed – arrowroot flour is very fine and difficult to measure. To exactly measure the quantity, I recommend using this measuring spoon.
- 2 tbsp flaxseed, ground OR coconut flour OR almond flour
- 1 tsp oregano
- Pepper and salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a baking tray covered with baking paper. Set aside.
- Using a grater, finely grate the zucchini. Squeeze the extra water with your hands. Discard the zucchini juice. Press the grated zucchini into a 1 c. measuring cup. Set aside into a mixing bowl.
- Add egg and combine with the dry ingredients: arrowroot flour, flax OR flour, oregano, salt and pepper to form a batter. (If it is too moist from not squeezing out the water or dabbing with paper towel from the zucchini, add extra flax to absorb the water).
- Scoop using an ice cream scooper the batter on to the baking sheet.
- Using your fingers, press the batter until thin then shape a round tortilla. Do not make it too thick (no more than .5 cm thick).
- Repeat until you scoop all the batter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the tortilla gets brown on the side and hold together.
- Cool down on a rack to keep them moist.
- Eat hot or cold with taco toppings of choice (meat, cheese, salad, etc.)