01 Aug Zucchini Tomato Soup
- 7 large Roma or on the vine tomatoes (2 lbs)
- 1/2 zucchini, large
- 1/2 small onion (or less, if you prefer), sliced
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup almond milk (PHASE 2 OPTIONAL)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional (PHASE 2)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, no sugar added
- 1 packet of Sweet Leaf stevia granules
- Salt and pepper to taste (for roasted tomatoes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Halve tomatoes and place cut side up with the onion on a rimmed baking sheet. Slice the zucchini in thin rounds.
- Spray with olive oil spray and add garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to coat well.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes, just until starting to brown.
- Place in ONLY the tomatoes in the blender and puree until smooth (you’ll want to leave the lid cracked slightly so the steam can escape). You may add the zucchini in the blender OR place it in AFTER blending if you want it in chunks.
- Add almond milk (PHASE 2) , cheese (PHASE 2), basil, tomato paste, and stevia and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Serve immediately.
-Makes 5 servings
-1 cup= 1 serving; 1 vegetable
OMIT IF YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED FRUIT**