At Prolean Wellness, we believe that accuracy equals results. This is the reason we employ the Hologics DEXA scanner, a revolutionary instrument that measures three key components of your body structure (bone mass, lean tissue mass and fatty tissue mass), and also analyzes your skeletal health.
Does Precision Matter?
Most definitely! Standard body weight scales measure how heavy you are, but don’t determine your lean-to-fat ratio. That means you have no idea how much fat or muscle you have. Based only on scale weight, a 250-pound athlete with 8% body fat may be considered “overweight” by a typical weight chart or BMI. Such charts are inaccurate indications of ideal body weight for general health or athletic performance.
We’re not the only ones using this technology.
The U.S. Olympic Training Staff relies heavily on the imaging from the DEXA machine to help their athletes focus their training. NBC’s “The Biggest Loser” also uses the DEXA to monitor contestants’ progress throughout the season. Finally, professional sports teams like the Greenbay Packers use the DEXA to identify and eliminate weaknesses in their players. Needless to say, we’re proud to offer this technology to our own clients!
What the Hologics DEXA Scan Can Do for You:
- Deliver the most accurate body scan available without breaking the bank
- Identify the most effective workouts for your body
- Indicate exactly how much protein your muscles need for maintenance and growth
- Provide a three-point assessment of bone, lean, and fatty tissue
- Offer a comprehensive view of overall wellness in ten minutes or less